Position: Sales Account Executive
Geographic Location: Cape Town
Reports to: Sales Manager
The Sales Account Executive is responsible for the management, growth and retention of small business customers – individuals and assigned SME’s as well as support for the overall sales process at Relate.
The scope of the position involves managing the full sales relationship between Relate and its small business customers. Most tasks are conducted on computer and the telephone, with periodic face-to-face customer interaction. The expected outcomes are usually specifically defined, but activities and tasks involved are mostly reliant on the creativity and initiative of the job incumbent.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Sales Account Executive maintains and expands sales to existing small business customers and assists in growing the overall customer base to meet assigned sales quotas, in order to increase company revenue.
KEY PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
- Identify ways of growing smaller accounts by value
- Identify creative social media opportunities to secure brand loyalty and promote the Relate brand
- Propose promotions/marketing/PR campaigns to attract new business, and implement as agreed
- Participate and contribute to other promotion/marketing/PR activities for large accounts as directed by the Sales Manager
- Actively seek and pursue new business opportunities for your sales area
- Meet specific sales quota targets for assigned accounts and new business
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key contact person/s in assigned and new customer accounts
- Handle pricing and availability of product request for customers
- Conduct order entry and confirm via email, fax etc.
- Follow-up on all assigned renewals/leads
- Inform customers of product development and changes
- Proactively assess, clarify, and validate customer needs on an ongoing basis
- Involve other Relate staff as required in a coordinated process to ensure the customer receives the expected quality of service
- Maintains high customer satisfaction ratings that meet company standards
- Receive and generate solutions whenever possible for all inquiries from customers, with the support of other Relate staff as necessary
- Support the Sales Manager in servicing assigned key accounts
Administrating (Small Business Domain)
- Document and record all customer activity accurately and timeously
- Compile sales statistics and prepare various reports for management
- Conduct periodic surveys of customers to determine customer satisfaction
- Prepare periodic reports of customer activity, and gathering information to be used for sales forecasting and production
- Respond and follow up to all inquiries, cancellation requests, and sales requests within specified timeframe
- Submit annual sales plan for the Small Business domain
- Assist with general Sales department administration as required
- Check accuracy of sales administration records on an on-going basis and immediately address discrepancies
- Generate reports as required regarding the activity and status of designated accounts and transactions
- TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE
- The job holder should have demonstrable f knowledge of the basic sales process
- A detailed knowledge of search engine / on line marketing / social networks / pipeline lead management
- PC proficiency, especially with excel spreadsheets essential
- Numerical skills required
- 2 years working experience, preferably in sales / Account management
- Matric with Maths
- A recognised post-matric qualification, degree, certificate or diploma from an accredited institution preferable
- Entry-level position
Adaptability: Adjusting own behaviours to work efficiently and effectively in light of new information, changing situations and/or different environments
Communication: Listening to others and communicating in an effective manner that fosters open communication
Creative Thinking: Questioning conventional approaches, exploring alternatives and responding to challenges with innovative solutions or services, using intuition, experimentation and fresh perspectives.
Initiative: Identifying and dealing with issues proactively and persistently; seizing opportunities that arise
Values & Ethics: Fostering and supporting the principles and values of the organisation as a whole
Focus revenue and profit generating activities
A positive, self-motivated and determined approach to researching viable new business opportunities
Capable of generating solutions whilst simultaneouslydisplaying the maturity to ask for assistance from others when required.
Ability to use own initiative and pay close attention to detail
Excellent organisational skills
Capable of working independently, responsibly and a with a sense of commitment
This position includes long periods of telephone and computer intensive work and may require sitting for long periods of time
The job incumbent is expected to focus on tasks and work efficiently in a small shared office environment. The facility can be noisy and busy.
On-going pressure to meet targets through cold calling and other relationship building activities
Please email your cover letter and CV to email@example.com. Candidates who dont hear from us in two weeks may consider their application unsuccessful.